“There’s no reputable research that states violent video games create violent video gamers, but I’d be curious to see whether they create abusive ones.”
"Video Games, Misogyny, And Terrorism: A Guide To Assholes", Badass Digest
If you’re not following the
nevervending crisis unfolding in the gaming community… take my advice and just don’t.
Don’t do it.
But if you must dip your toe, I admit there are some interesting things being said. And woven amongst all the violence and cruelty, there are questions (aka. conspiracy theories) around the feedback loop between game design and media exposure, which sounds to me a lot like these people just realized that Santa Claus isn’t real, and also some interesting ramifications of all the major gaming social media havens’ response to shut down all discussion about the topic on every channel.
It’s a bloodbath, though. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I remember this…
Chick got caught cheating on her bf so he put the child locks on the car and locked the girl inside with the roaches.
No woman deserves to go through this. I dont care if she was cheating, woman are allowed to express their sexuality and this is basically slut shaming. Her boyfriend was probably awful and abusive anyway.
Man cheats = emotionally abusive swine
Woman cheats = strong woman expressing her sexuality
CHEATING IS FUCKING CHEATING. WHEN YOU ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE, YOU DEVOTE YOUR LOVE AND SELF TO THEM AND ONLY THEM. IT’S NOT FUCKING ‘EXPRESSING SEXUALITY.’ IT’S A GODDAMN BETRAYAL OF TRUST NO MATTER WHO THR FUCK YOU ARE.
finally someone said it
Um, how about you either break up or work through it, and stop making the world a fucked up nightmare for everybody.
Locking a person in a car with a candy box full of insects and then posting the video online is a activity that, honestly, I don’t see a lot of women doing. Men may suffer the emotional consequences from cheating as much as women do, but for some reason, only women wear the letter.
So just calm the fuck down and stop feeding your puny, insignificant short-term pain with long-standing institutional demonization. And stop watching fucking horror films.
I can’t believe we’re bickering over the morality of adultery and totally not discussing the fact that a woman was LOCKED IN A CAR WITH A CANDY BOX OF COCKROACHES. Think about how much imagination and planning went into that. Fucking serial killer in the making and we’re debating whether she had it coming?
I AM NOT DONE YET.
So then I’m thinking, yeah, this isn’t real. It’s probably some porno stunt.
Hey, I’m a big believer in letting you fantasize however you want, and if cockroaches in cleavage is what gets you off then that’s fine. I mean, you need therapy pretty badly, if for no other reason than you’re letting normal life phobias and psychological issues creep into your sexual preferences, which - unless very carefully explored and expressed with an enthusiastically consenting partner - will lead you to endless dissatisfaction and eventual depression or deviancy or a lifetime of self-loathing.
But that would only explain a small percentage of the population, surely, the men sexually aroused by cockroaches. No, it’s more likely that this was produced as a kind of mainstream voyeuristic revenge fantasy that allows men out there who have experienced some perceived “hurt” by an ex-girlfriend to participate in a public shaming and terror fest of said conveniently-faceless girl, and which found its way onto MY DASHBOARD.
A) because people gleefully find such stories quote-unquote hilarious entertainment, rather than the cultural CRY FOR HELP that it is, and
B) possibly feminist-baiting has become a thing.
If either of those are true, then you are no better than cable television, Tumblr.
just the girly things
- forcing an earing through a closed piercing
- taking off tight clothes and rubbing the indents they left on your skin
- human sacrifice
- homemade face masks
how is this possible
It’s bought with pain. Endless months of pain.
And then one night, you have a frogurt and wake up the way you were.
male character: i made a mistake
fandom: oh you poor misunderstood soul
female character: i made a mistake
fandom: WANTON MISTRESS OF THE NIGHT, RETURN TO THE SHADOWS FROM WHENCE YOU CAME, THIS IS NO PLACE FOR YOUR SELFISHNESS PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR HOME ON WHORE ISLAND
I like living on Whore Island. There’s airconditioning and margaritas in the fridge.
And everyone on whore island is so nice. I can’t believe I ever lived anywhere else!
Tutorial: how to make a study schedule.
- Make a reference sheet with separate lists for each subject. This reference sheet is used to orient your daily studying.
- List the material you need to study for each subject. Be more specific than you would be on a study schedule and make sure you put down everything you need to go over.
- On your schedule, highlight the exam dates and deadlines and put down any relevant information.
- Using your reference sheet, assign certain material to go through each day.
- If you haven’t been working on study material throughout the semester; schedule days before your study leave to work on study sheets for revision, flash cards, summaries, whatever you use to study.
- Take a day to gather your study material before your study leave begins. Like the weekend classes end or so. This will save you a lot of time when you sit down to study every day.
- Schedule your studying so that you start studying for the last final first, and the first final last. Make sure you start this early enough to give yourself time to revise for the subjects you need to.
- If you have a day between each of your finals, take the night of the final off and revise for the next exam the day after. If not, take the couple of hours after your exam off then revise for the next one.
- Schedule the harder/heavier material in a subject first, so that you work on that material when you have more energy.
- If you’re taking subjects that you have difficulty with, or subjects with a heavy workload; schedule catch up days. However, don’t let that encourage you to slack off. Try to stick to your schedule and only rely on the catch up days if you really need to, and if you don’t; then it’s a day off!
- Also, schedule days off… a day or if you can’t afford it, half a day. I can’t stress how important it is to take time for yourself, it’ll help you avoid burnout.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making study schedules since I started college. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
I’m sorry I’m posting this by the end of the year when a lot of people are already done with exams, but perhaps it’ll be helpful for people taking summer courses now? And also for next year :)
I love this!
Notebooks set up like this and blank study schedule books are a mainstay in Korean stationery shops though - last weekend it was a struggle not to buy out the whole shop. I’ll have to take pictures next time. ;)
I am… I am going to try this for work. And it will be a glorious disaster, my god, but why not.
As someone who almost never watches network television, I can say that it’s actually kind of interesting… and only excruciatingly eye-rolling, like, maybe 60% of the time. Much better than I recall it bei—
Oh God can’t you just GET OVER Breaking Bad, America? IT’S OVER. MOVE ON.
So I just saw the trailer. I’m not entirely sure that Ben Affleck is the obvious pick, but I totally understand WHY they chose him, and he could be great. He’s not precisely how I envision the character, but he CAN, I think, deliver convincingly the two things an actor needs to deliver to play that role, so it’ll probably be good.
But this is important, this is what I wanted to say: if you haven’t read the book, you must stop what you are doing and get yourself a copy immediately.
No matter how good this movie is, it cannot rival the book.
Am I the only one complete GROSSED OUT by this revolving platform stunt? Uggggggh.
By the way…
If you haven’t caught on, y’all might want to block “#emmys 2014” if you don’t want to participate (and/or can’t).
"Blowing it! At the Emmy’s! CAREER OVER" - Key & Peele
Really? Ranting at the poor grammar choices of Internet trolls at awards shows now, Chad Hardwick? Dude, branch out.
Fuck you, Gwen Stefani, with your stupid impeccable style. Fucking outrageous. Too bad she doesn’t know French. But still. Great dress.
I love Ricky Garvais. I am unrepentant.
Jessica Lange’s got a seductive grace that’s unparalleled. It almost doesn’t matter whether it’s natural or feigned. Like, who cares. Look at her walk, man. Jesus.
It just goes to show you, even Weird Al Yankovich can’t save an award ceremony musical act. Why do you do this to me. That said, I think the Game of Throne’s opening score is up there with Star Wars theme, I really do. Exquisite.
Fuck you, Lena Headey. God, get a load of this jerk. So freaking beautiful and poised and all pixie cut glamorous.
Oh God, and the commercials. Why. Why would you do this.